Dr. Vishal M Sawale (Patil)
MD, DM (Neurology)
Dr. Vishal M Sawale is a well-recognized name in the field of Neurology for his ability of prompt decision making and accurate treatment planning in handling any kind of acute neurological crisis. With proficient in knowledge of all branches of Neurology, he has a special interest in management of stroke and gained profound knowledge with enormous research work in Acute Stroke Care. He was also awarded with the Best Presenter Award, for presenting in Movement Disorders Society of India (MDSICON). He has got several publications in stroke, post stroke complications and aphasia to his name.
- MBBS from Government Medical College, Latur, Maharashtra
- MD (General Medicine) from Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal, Manipur
- DM (Neurology) from Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (IPGMER & SSKM Hospital), Bangur Institute of Neurosciences Kolkata, West Bengal
- Senior Resident – Department of Medicine, Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Hospital, Mumbai
- Senior Resident – Department of Medicine, ESIC Hospital, Mumbai
- Acute Stroke Care & management with emphasis on thrombolysis
- Management of multiple sclerosis and other demyelinating disorders involving CNS and PNS
- Neuro-infection diseases
- Parkinsonism & related disorders
- Epilepsy and Headache
- Management of neuropathy, myopathy and neuromuscular junction disorders
- Movement disorders and botulinum toxin for various movement disorders
- Management of parkinsonism and other extrapyramidal disorders
- Diagnosis and management of dementia and other neurodegenerative disorders
Research & Publications:
- Original Article Published in International Journal of Aphasiology. Vol-33/8 Incidence and types of aphasia after first-ever acute stroke: age, gender, and educational effect on the type of aphasia.
- International Conference Paper Presentation; 5th European Stroke Organization Conference (ESOC-2019) Determinants and outcome of complications in first ever acute stroke patient; an observational study from India.
- Original article published in International Journal; journal of Neuro-linguistics Lesion-Aphasia discordance in acute stroke patients; frequency, patterns and effect on aphasia recovery.
- Also many other case reports published in National & International Journals (GBS in Scrub typhus, Mitochondrial Disease, Acute stroke after viper bite, Demeyinating Polyneuropathy in HCV and many other)