Dr. Sandeep Sabnis
MS, DNB (Surgical Gastroenterology)
Consultant – MIS, Surgical Gastroenterology, HPB and Liver Transplantation
Dr. Sandeep Sabnis completed his training of DNB (Gastrointestinal Surgery) from prestigious GEM Hospital, Coimbatore. He has gained extensive experience in the areas of advanced laparoscopy, Gastrointestinal and HPB Surgery along with Liver transplantation. Over a period of last nine years he has performed hundreds of laparoscopic and open procedures like cholecystectomies, various types of hernia repairs, fundoplication, cardio-myotomies, colonic resections, gastrectomies, esophagectomies, splenectomy, pancreatic and liver resections. He also carries expertise in performing various bariatric surgeries like balloon placements, sleeve gastrectomy, and gastric bypass. He has special interest in minimally invasive pancreatic and liver Surgery.
- MBBS from SBH Govt. Medical College, Dhule
- MS (General Surgery) from SS Govt. Medical College and SGM hospital, Rewa (MP)
- DNB (Gastrointestinal Surgery) from GEM Hospital, Coimbatore
- Consultant, Department of MIS, GI, HPB, and Liver Transplant at GEM Hospital, Coimbatore
- Senior Resident at Department of Surgical Gastroenterology at JIPMER, Pondicherry
- Assistant professor, Department of General Surgery at Sharda University, G. Noida
- Routine procedures involving appendix, gall bladder and hernia
- Upper GI procedures for GERD, Achalasia, GIST, Cancer esophagus and stomach
- Surgery for Obesity and metabolic syndrome (Diabetes)
- Lower GI procedures for Hemorrhoids, fissure, rectal prolapse, cancer colon and rectum
- HPB procedures for chronic pancreatitis, CBD stones, diseases of spleen, cystic lesions of liver and pancreas, cancerous lesions of liver, gall bladder and pancreas
- All advanced laparoscopic procedures
Awards & Honors
- Dr. Sabnis serves as Associate Editor at Indian Journal of Surgery, the official journal of Association of Surgeons of India & is peer-reviewer for many international Journals.
- He has been invited faculty at various national and regional conferences and workshops.
- He has more than 25 publications to his credit published in Indexed Journals.
- Laparoscopic donor hepatectomy: First experience from Indian sub-continent. J Minim Access Surg. 2018 Aug 7.
- Randomized clinical trial of laparoscopic versus open pancreatoduodenectomy for periampullary tumours Br J Surg. 2017 Oct;104(11):1443-1450.
- Laparoscopic Major Hepatectomy-Technique and Outcomes. J Gastrointest Surg. 2015 Dec;19(12):2215-22.
- Comparison of Effects of Sleeve Gastrectomy and Gastric Bypass on Lipid Profile Parameters in Indian Obese: A Case Matched Analysis. Obes Surg. 2017 Apr 28.
- Do Bariatric Surgery-Related Type 2 Diabetes Remission Predictors Add Clinical Value? A Study on Asian Indian Obese Diabetics. Obes Surg. 2017 Feb 24.
- Single incision multiport versus conventional laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair: A matched comparison J Minim Access Surg. 2017 Jul 7.