Dr. Rahul Kaiche
MS, M.Ch (Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery), Cardiac Fellow – Oxford (UK) & Melbourne (Australia)
Consultant – Cardiothoracic And Vascular Surgery
Dr.Rahul Kaiche is working with Wockhardt Hospitals, Nashik since2008. He was bestowed the ‘Best Academic Performance’ award at Nair Hospitals Mumbai. He has worked with late Dr. Neetu Mandke at Hinduja Hospital. His thirst for excellence took him to Oxford University, London & Melbourne, Australia to acquire new skills in modern technology in surgery. He Performs the highly sensitive and super specialised CTVS procedures like Total Arterial Grafting; Aortic Surgeries with Stentless Aortic Value Replacement; Surgery for left Ventricular Failure (LVAD)Insertion and Remodelling Procedures ) as well as paediatric Cardiac Surgeries.
- Worked with hospitals like Hinduja, Nair Hospital, Oxford and Kings College Hospital, London and is working with Wockhardt Hospitals, Nashik since 2008
- Dr. Kaiche has successfully performed more than 800 surgeries and ever since his clinical debut in Nashik, 15 months prior, he has successfully performed 192 surgeries without any post-operative surgical mortality.
Research and Publications:
- Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons (IACTS)
- 4 national level scientific paper presentations
- ‘Use of Radial Artery In Coronary Revascularization’, a multimedia manual for trainee cardiac surgeons published in the European Association of Cardio Thoracic Surgeons (EACTS)
Dr. Kaiche has 4 National level scientific paper presentations and 2 International publications, one out of which is a multimedia manual for the trainee cardiac surgeons titled “Use of Radial Artery In coronary Revascularization” Published in the highly respected. European Association of cardio Thoracic Surgeons (EACTS). His sharp clinical acumen was extensively made use of by British Broadcasting Corporation’s (BBC) public sensitization heart care campaign title “Your life Their Hands’.
• Ms from Nair Hospital, Mumbai.
• M.Ch (cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery) from KEM Hospital & Seth G S Medical Colleges, Mumbai University (with First Rank).
• CTVS procedures like Total Arterial Grafting
• Aortic Surgeries with Stent less Aortic Valve Replacement
• Surgery for Left Ventricular Failure (LVAD Insertion and Remodeling procedures)
• Paediatric Cardiac Surgeries
Awards & Honors
- Dr.Kaiche introduced the concept of "FastT racking in Cardiac Surgery
- First cardiac surgeon to successfully perform closed heart surgery on a neonate weighing 1.25kg
- Trilogy of firsts in Maharashtra in Jan 2008,when he successfully removed one of the rarest heart tumors (Hydatid Cyst) from interventriCular septum & ventricular wall.
- The one & Only Surgeon in North Maharashatra, to Perform Bypass surgery (MIDCAB) with 3-5 inches incision through 2 ribs
- Operated on a 42 Years-old male with only 7% Heart Function with total arterial grafting on beating heart
- Performed Arterial Grafting on 13 Year Old boy for triple vessel disease
- Introduced the concept of fast tracking in cardiac surgery in 2007. The patient started walking the next day & was discharged on the fifth day of surgery
- Successful Cardiac surgery on 1.25 kg neonate /infant (23 days)
- Successful cardiac surgery on a rare case of multiple (27) cyst in cardiac muscle
- Valve replacement by Maze procedure to regularize the heart beat
- He has Operated more than 186 patients with heart function less than 20% ejection function with only one mortality in this group
- More than 9000 successful neonate & adults surgeries.
- Operated 173 patients with 100% result, where heart function less than 20% ranging from 6% to 20%
- Awarded MAHARASHTRA BHUSHAN in 2011
- Operated on 11 patients with failure and dialysis dependant with 100% success rate
- Overall success rate in CABG group is 99.44% (Mortality only .56%)