Dr. Ismail Shaik
M.B.B.S., M.S., Orthopedic surgery
Fellowship in spine surgery
Dr. Ismail Shaik has had an exceptional medical career. He stood first in final M.B;B.S exam conducted by GOA UNIVERSITY in January 2007 securing a distinction in PHYSIOLOGY and PAEDIATRICS. He secured first rank at Goa University exam, obtaining the degree of Masters in Orthopedic Surgery. After completing his graduate and post graduate studies at Goa Medical College he proceeded to do the prestigious Spine Foundation Fellowship in Spine Surgery under Dr. S. Y. Bhojraj, Eminent and world renowned Spine Surgeon in MUMBAI.
During his fellowship he observed, assisted and performed various simple as well as complex spine surgeries including deformities and tumors of spine. On successful completion of fellowship he returned to Goa Medical College as senior resident and continued his work in his area of interest having successfully performed numerous simple and complex spinal surgeries including fractures and tuberculosis of spine besides degenerative spine disorders. He has also performed many pain block procedures for indicated spinal ailments.
CONFERENCES, WORKSHOPS & COURSES ATTENDED:
- Senior Resident – Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Goa Medical College & Hospital, 2013-2015.
- Spine Fellow – Spine Foundation Fellowship Program , Mumbai under Dr. S. Y. Bhojraj, CONSULTANT SPINE SURGEON, V.N.Desai Municipal Corporation Hospital, Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre, Breach Candy Hospital , Mumbai.2011-2013.
- Indian arthroplasty associations mid term meet at goa – India
- Surgical demonstration in transpedicular decompression and stabilization of koch's spine with hartshill and sublaminar wires at sancheti institute , pune in june
- Surgical demonstration in correction of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis with hartshill and sublaminar wires at goa medical college
- 46th Western India Regional Orthopaedic Conference WIROC at Mumbai.
- Association of spine surgeons of India ASSICON – Kochi, Kerala
- Ganga Operative Spine Course, Ganga hospital , Coimbatore , India
- Instructional Course in Spine, KODAIKANAL, Tamil- Nadu, India.
- Surgical demonstration in correction of juvenile idiopathic scoliosis with anterior transthoracic screws , and congenital l1 hemivertebra with post screws at goa medical college
- M.B.B.S. from Goa University
- Masters in Orthopedic Surgery from Goa University
- Spine Foundation Fellowship in Spine Surgery under Dr. S. Y. Bhojraj, Mumbai.
Slipped disc in the neck or lower back
Lower back Spondylosis with Pressure on the Nerve / Spinal Stenosis
- Microscopic Lumbar Discectomy or Decompression
- Microscopic Anterior Cervical Discectomy
Abnormal Curvature within the Spine-Scoliosis / Kyphosis
- Spinal Decompression with or without Fusion
- Endoscopic Fusion of the Spine
Degenerative Disc Diseases
- Thoracoscopic Deformity Correction
- Posterior Correction of Scoliosis or Kyphosis with Instrumentation
Osteoporosis of the Spine
- Minimally-invasive Spinal Fusion and Advanced Instrumentation
- Total Disc Replacement Surgery
- Spinal Deformity (congenital & acquired) Correction and Stabilization